Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Legacy Art, Making Urns

My friend and colleague Paul Linden turned two wood patterns for me to try for urn shapes. This process is a bit more complicated than most of the molds I make so I thought I would post a fer pictures to show you how this works.

Pattern and the two halves of the mold. I cut in embellishment directly into the sand mold. Sun and Moon and Star symbols.









 Here the core is inserted into the mold, the three marks on top are the sprue and two vents. The sprue allows metal to flow in, the vents allow air to flow out.









The other mold nearly ready to assemble. I will try to pour these two tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    Urns

    ReplyDelete